Are you looking to tap into the world of user-generated content for your marketing strategies? You’ve landed on the right article. In this article, I’ll walk you through 47 User generated content statistics to help you plan a full-proof content strategy to incorporate user-generated content.
User-generated content is the realm created by users that brings credibility to the brand perception. Understanding the value of user-generated content (UGC) and making the most of it are now more important than ever for companies looking to develop lasting relationships with their customers.
So, if you’re a marketer or content strategist, let’s get straight into the 47 user-generated content statistics.
User-generated content statistics to help you plan your content strategy
User-generated content comes in all forms and shapes, like text posts, videos, testimonials, and reviews. This content holds a lot of potential to increase your company or brand’s authority and credibility.
Here are the 47 user-generated content statistics to help you understand how user-generated content enables you to build a strong content strategy.
- 80% of the entire content generated online is user generated. (Source: The Marketers Guide to UGC)
- The main types of user-generated content are photos, videos, social media content, AR filters used on any content type, and reviews or comments on forums and other platforms. (Source: IAB)
- 86% of consumers claim that they find user-generated content more authentic than other content types. They are 3 times more likely to believe the authenticity of user-generated content than the content created by brands. (Source: IAB)
- After using a product or service, 85% of consumers will likely post their reviews online. The reviews are a part of the user-generated content. (Source: IAB)
- When a product receives one or more reviews, it sees a 108% increase in traffic, a 65% increase in conversion, and a 92% increase in sales. (Source: Power Reviews)
- Valued at USD 220351.37 million in 2022, the size of the global User Generated Content (UGC) Software market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 24.79% during the forecast period, reaching USD 832015.06 million by 2028. (Source: Market Growth Report)
- Around 69% of marketers feel that customer reviews and ratings are important to increase conversion rate. (Source: State of Social and User-Generated Content Report)
- User-generated material has been included in marketing plans by 86% of companies. (Source: State of Social and User-Generated Content Report)
- 80% of buyers check out user-generated content like reviews and ratings before making the purchase. (Source: State of Social and User-Generated Content Report)
- However, only 37% of marketers fully utilize the potential of user-generated content. (Source: State of Social and User-Generated Content Report)
- User-generated content works best as a personal recommendation. As more than 50% of millennials decide to buy a product after taking recommendations and reviews from friends and family. (Source: Adweek)
- 75% of marketers know that integrating user-generated content increases their brand’s authenticity. (Source: State of UGC 2021 Report)
- For 43.1% of marketers, finding useful and engaging user-generated content is difficult. (Source: State of UGC 2021 Report)
- Micro-influencers having 10,000 to 100,000 followers are a reliable and trusted source of user-generated content. In fact, 75% of marketers are collaborating with micro-influencers to gather user-generated content. (Source: State of UGC 2021 Report)
- Marketers mostly use social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to collect user-generated content. 78% of marketers use Facebook, followed by Instagram and LinkedIn, with a 70% and 42% share, respectively. (Source: State of UGC 2021 Report)
- A significant portion of the user-generated content produced by brands and companies on social media is the responses to their posts. 46% of B2B and B2C businesses consider their social media followers as having greater value than their non-social media customers. (Source: State of UGC 2021 Report)
- 50% of consumers say they would like brand assistance in developing user-generated content. (Source: State of UGC 2021 Report)
- The content created by employees accounts for the user-generated content. 33% of employees post promotional content for their employer without any encouragement. When the employer encourages creating user-generated content, the number increases to 50%. (Source: State UGC 2021 Report)
This content usually consists of videos, social media posts, or pictures.
- 86% of businesses have included user-generated content in their marketing strategies. (Source: Taggbox)
- Consumers seek out evaluations and advice from other consumers in 92% of cases. (Source: Nielsen)
- The percentage of conversion increases by 41% when the website displays user reviews. (Source: Taggbox)
- 85% of consumers believe visual UGC is more persuasive than brand photographs and videos. (Source: Merkley and Partners)
- According to 62% of consumers., customers are more inclined to click on advertisements, social media postings, emails, or websites that feature genuine customers than those that just use stock photos explicitly made for marketing purposes. (Source: Meetanshi)
- Customers are more likely to create and share similar user-generated content in the future when brands repost their material, according to 64% of respondents. (Source: Meetanshi)
- Customers claim they are 3 times more likely than any other type of customer to view a brand’s social media content. (Source: Meetanshi)
- Social media advertising with user-generated content can cut their cost-per-click by half. (Source: Meetanshi)
- 6 out of 10 marketers claim that user-generated content has garnered greater engagement from consumers than branded material. (Source: Meetanshi)
- On average, users spend 5.4 hours viewing user-generated content. (Source: Meetanshi)
- Brands in segmented email marketing are using user-generated content to attract clients’ attention. Businesses that used user-generated content in segmented campaigns claimed revenue growth of 760%. (Source: Meetanshi)
- Ads based on user-generated content often have click-through rates that are 4 times greater than those of other ad types. (Source: Meetanshi)
- Web conversions for campaigns using user-generated content are 29% greater than for those without user-generated content. (Source: Meetanshi)
- UGC will eventually become more credible than any type of brand material, according to 35% of Gen Z viewers. (Source: Meetanshi)
- The majority of online purchases are made by millennials, who also provide 70% of the user-generated material on the internet. (Source: Meetanshi)
- In the opinion of 31% of consumers, advertisements employing user-generated content are more memorable than those using branded content. (Source: Everyone Social)
- Email marketing has a 78% more click-through rate when it includes user-generated content. (Source: Insense)
- Websites with user-generated content galleries saw an increase in visitor time of 90%. (Source: Web Purify)
- If UGC is utilized in an online store or booking website, it drives 12% of the purchasing decision. (Source: Embed Social)
- The percentage of repeat visitors to websites with user-generated content has increased by 20%. (Source: Trustpilot)
- UGC boosts online purchasing conversion rates by 10%. (Source: Salesforce)
- Reviews on the website boost conversions by 74%. (Source: Trustpilot)
- Millennials account for 70% of all UGC online nowadays. (Source: Business Wire)
- The top 20 global brands’ search results contain links to user-generated content in 25% of cases. (Source: Kissmetrics)
- Companies that have run Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns using user-generated images have seen a click-through rate increase of up to 50% compared to ads using brand-created graphics. It resulted in a 5x return on Ad Spend. (Source: Instagram Partners)
- In the United States, over 18% of female internet users and roughly 16% of male users posted blog posts or uploaded original video content. (Source: Statista)
- The majority of consumers in the range of 18 to 24 age, according to the source, expected more than 200 reviews for each product. Overall, younger consumers had higher expectations for reviews than older consumers. (Source: Statista)
- The amount of user-generated reviews on Goodreads.com between February 2012 and July 2019 is over 90 million. (Source: Statista)
- Tripadvisor received a total of 1 billion reviews and ratings from 2014 to 2021. (Source: Statista)
You can also check out our other interesting Stats like: Keyword Research Statistics
The user-generated content statistics in this article can help you enhance your engagement and conversion rates by bringing trust from your audience.
The more you nurture your relationship with your customers, the better you’ll reap the benefits of user-generated content.
After reading these statistics, I hope you can unlock this content’s full potential to make your marketing efforts resonate with your audience.